Saturday, June 20, 2009

E-Rock: The Intro


Look, its Enchanted Rock!

So once upon a time I went along with a group of friends to go "climb E-rock". I had no idea with this entailed but willingly and unknowingly ended up on a journey in which I tried to conquer two of my top 5 fears: heights & small spaces (the other 3 include crabs, death, and swans).

E-rock is a national park with huge rocks that you can climb, hike, walk, etc. The views are gorgeous, the sky's huge, and some slopes are terribly steep. There are also caves in which you can go spelunking. More on that later. 

It was a gorgeous March day when the ten or so of us adventured out beyond Fredricksburg. It was also what I at that point considered hot. That probably meant like 80-85 
and sunny (oh what I'd do for that weather these days....). I wanted like 20 Nalgenes but had to carry them so I settled for 1.

2 posts to follow: Scary Steep Slope & Scary Spelunking. Stay tuned.*

*Okay, so since I'm backdating this since I was lazy for months & am now updating... those 2 posts are marked 6/18 and 6/16 & are below this one...

No comments: