Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Readjusting & Caffeine

Little Things I Have to Re-adjust to After 1 Month in the North:
  1. Driving nicer, not like a Bostonian.
  2. Speaking of driving, making sure to not parallel park too close to other cars.
  3. Friendly strangers.
  4. Friendly strangers who carry on long conversations with me.
  5. Saying excuse me when passing someone in a store aisle.
  6. My use of the word "wicked".
  7. Only sorority girls carry Vera Bradley bags.
  8. How much the temperature changes throughout the day.
  9. To hold the handle down for a long time to get our toilet to flush normally.
  10. The frequency of hearing Spanish spoken.
  11. The sun!
  12. Frustratingly sparse NPR coverage (5-9am, 5-8pm).
  13. Lack of sidewalks on side roads (not cool when you're taking a baby for a walk).
  14. Damn speedbumps!
  15. The intense amount of burnt orange everywhere.

1 comment:

La Pixie said...

lol, burnt orange. ahhh, how I love it!!

why do those Bostonians say "wicked" so much? I never have understood it.