Friday, June 26, 2009

Roach.

A roach invaded my apartment in mid June. I flipped out.

Now, we obviously have roaches up north. But uh, homies? This of a bug was almost 2" long in his body alone. With his creepy antennae? Ew. I don't know. I don't want to know. He gives me the shivers.

In these photos this nasty creature is taking his last breaths* while tucked under an overhang by the cabinet.


Ew.

*Not really his last breaths since right after taking these I tried to kill it with a paper-towel covered textbook & missed. Then he ran away. After 5 terrifying minutes or so, I found him again (while on my way to duct tape my room so that no roaches could crawl under it. Because I'm clever like that.) and that time, succeeded in murdering him.

And then of course I spent hours googling how to get rid of them & generally terrifying myself as well as scrubbing the site of its death for near eternity so that its fellow friends wouldn't find it & get pissed & have super countless amounts of babies.

I bought Borax & showered the apartment in it. I made 2 roach traps (the interwebs taught me how). They stayed up for 4 days; the Borax for 2 weeks. No roach sightings since...

Texas sized bugs are absolutely disgusting... Roaches in particular.


No comments: